I really do…
My hubby is so excellent in business. He spits out marketing and promotion ideas like there’s no tomorrow; In other words effortlessly. They just roll off of his tongue like they are a part of him, and they are.
I absolutely hate it whenever he starts to talk about business and what I need to learn to do. I start to feel disgusted in my gut and get sick on the inside because I have no idea how he expects me to be able to do learn all of that, let alone do it.
My stomach starts to tighten up and I start to feel so distressed and defeated because I simply don’t want to be bothered with that stuff. I can’t stand that feeling in my gut. I think, “This is getting on my nerves.” It makes me want to just put my head down on the table and say forget it. I feel defeated, depressed, disheartened, like the air has just been socked out of my being, like dragonflies are in my stomach, irritated, totally resistant to the idea of having to learn something else. I struggle with having to put the work into it and it not working right for me. I just sigh heavily and smack my lips. I feel down, my breathing increases, I get all defensive, and throw up barriers to what I know will only help me if I embrace it and decide to do the work. That’s what has stopped me this long from putting together my business.
When I realized all of these changes, feelings, and antics were going on with me just because I was dealing with an area that I was resistant to, I instantly connected them to how many Christian wives will feel or have felt when I talk to them about changing their mindsets and old beliefs about sex and learning to ask for what they want in the bedroom, and enjoying the pleasures of sexual intimacy with their husband.
So I feel your pain.
So how do you get over that?
- Slow yourself down enough to realize you need to breathe. Take 3-5 slow deep belly breaths. When you breathe in, your belly should inflate and push out. Focus on your belly to make sure you are breathing correctly. This will calm you down.
- Remind yourself that this is a natural reaction to anything you may perceive as different, stressful, or bothersome. Keep breathing.
- Access the thoughts that remind you why it’s important for you to do this, i.e., more fulfilling sex with your hubby.
- Hold these thoughts and create a vision in your mind of what that will look and feel like.
- Accept it as necessary for the success and well-being of your marriage, your sex life, and yourself.
- Act now and contact me for a 30 minute complimentary coaching call at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am available to you if you want to go deeper.
- Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate!
Do you want more tools for your toolbox? Check out my article “7 Values Everyone Woman Should Own” and let me know what you think in the comment section. Happy reading!
Act now and contact me or email me at email@example.com for your complimentary coaching call. This is what you can do for the good of your marriage and for your sexual life with your husband to be successful.